One of the biggest commitments and the largest purchases you’ll ever make is a house. That’s why it’s important to take time to think about what kind of house you want, where you want to live, and how much you can afford. Don’t start looking at Milwaukee area homes for sale until you have gathered some facts and answered a few questions first.
For example, ask yourself and your family if there will be any major changes coming soon, such as elderly parents moving in with you, starting a family, switching careers, going to college, etc., that might impact your living situation. Additionally, will you stay in the house for a minimum of five years? Are you handy, or will you hire someone to make any repairs? Are you confident that your income is stable? Do you have money saved for a down payment?
The Benefits of Buying a Home vs. Renting in the Milwaukee Area
Whether you buy a home or decide to continue renting, each option has benefits, depending on your situation. However, the benefits of buying can far outweigh renting. Here are a few reasons why:
- You are accumulating wealth by investing in a house.
- You never need a landlord’s approval if you want to paint, remodel, add a garden, etc.
- Mortgage payments’ interest is often tax-deductible, unlike rent.
- Mortgage payments can be designed to fit your budget and won’t increase every year as your rent might.
- You can save money as your income increases because your mortgage payments won’t increase.
- Your home can be paid off as quickly as ten or fifteen years, depending on your mortgage terms.
Get Your Down Payment and Mortgage Approval for your new Milwaukee Home First
Typically, the down payment requirement is at least 10% of the total house price; however, some loans ask just 3.5% for a down payment. The larger your down payment, the more interest you’ll save and the lower your monthly mortgage payment will be.
Inquire at a variety of banks, credit unions, etc., about their loan rates. Ask a realtor or builder – they may have a relationship with a loan officer and can help you get what you need, too.
It’s exciting to go hunting for Milwaukee area homes for sale – but wait. Before you start searching potential neighborhoods and builders, get your mortgage approved first. This will help you know what you can afford and what your monthly payment will be. It’s heartbreaking to fall in love with a home, only to realize it’s outside of your budget.
Here are a few reasons why you should get pre-approved before you begin to look at Milwaukee area homes for sale:
- You won’t waste time looking at houses you can’t afford.
- Sellers will know you have been pre-approved and will more seriously consider your offer.
- Once the offer is accepted, there are no financial surprises to slow down the process.
Finding Milwaukee Area Homes for Sale
You’ve finally decided what you need and how much you can afford, and that’s great. Now, as you drive around neighborhoods, you’ll most likely see many Milwaukee area homes for sale. But how do you find houses that match what you’re looking for?
Talking to friends, co-workers, and family members about available homes and good real estate agents is a start. Another helpful idea is to go online and look at various houses in neighborhoods you may want to live in.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- A professional realtor can direct you to the right location, house, or builder. By asking you lots of questions, they can also help you decide what you want and need.
- Check out neighborhoods. If you dream of “getting away from it all,” then country living might be for you. If you want to live somewhere you can walk to shops, restaurants, and activities, try a few areas in town.
- Consider where you work and how long the commute may be. If you plan on keeping this job for another five years or more, stay on the same side of town for a shorter drive.
- Look at the area’s schools. Even if your children are grown, a good school district will add value and make it much easier to sell the house in the future.
- Another important consideration: to get your dream home, you may want to hire a custom home builder.
Cobblestone Builders Can Build Your Dream Home
Have you been thinking about purchasing a home? What about building your dream home? Have you decided it’s finally time to get what you’ve always wanted?
Cobblestone Builders has new construction single-family homes and condos ready for occupancy. You’ll have an opportunity to personalize the finishes so you can make it the home you’ve dreamed about for years.
As you gathered information about Milwaukee area homes for sale, you probably heard of Cobblestone Builders. That’s because they’re one of the top home builders in the area with a reputation based on honesty and trust.
Together, in 1990 in Menomonee Falls, Dirk and Stevie Wildt founded their construction business. For more than three decades, they remain proud of the work they do building high-quality, energy-efficient condos and homes throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
Cobblestone has received many awards recognizing them as premier home designers and custom builders in Wisconsin. They also received the Torch Award for Ethics from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) because of their transparent business practices, integrity, high ethics, and honesty.
Condos and Single-Family Homes in the Milwaukee Area
Most importantly, Cobblestone Builders creates top-quality single-family homes and condos, both inside and out, using superior building materials. Their houses always have a unique curb appeal to welcome you before you even walk through the entrance. Once you step inside, you’ll notice the comfort and feel the warmth of their open floor plans. They always use high-quality finishes throughout their homes, and the rooms are filled with lots of natural sunlight, one-of-a-kind features, and character.
For the construction of your family’s dream home, you can always trust Cobblestone Builders.
The professionals at Cobblestone Builders will help you design your dream home and are happy to answer all of your questions. They will work with you to give you the value you deserve while remaining conscious of your budget and staying aware of your family’s needs and wants.
The staff will accomplish this with skilled tradespeople using name brand materials. They listen carefully to what you want and incorporate your ideas into the final floorplan and exterior architecture. The professional staff offers an extraordinary level of service by openly communicating with their clients. You will always be happy with your new custom home when you work with the award-winning Cobblestone Builders.